CONNECT Module 7: Tiered Instruction
CONNECT modules are web-based, instructional resources for faculty and other professional development providers that focus on and respond to challenges faced each day by those working with young children and their families in a variety of learning environments and inclusive settings. The practice-based modules are designed to build early childhood practitioners’ abilities to make evidence-based decisions. They emphasize a decision-making process, realistic problems to solve, the importance of integrating multiple perspectives and sources of evidence, the relevance and quality of content, and feedback.
Each module includes five steps:
1. Dilemma. Consider a dilemma.
2. Question. Turn the dilemma into an answerable question.
3. Evidence. Consider key sources of general evidence (definition, research, policies, experience-based knowledge).
4. Decision. Integrate sources of evidence with different perspectives and unique contexts to make an informed decision.
5. Evaluation. Evaluate the practice decision.
Information is presented in a variety of formats including audio and video clips, and written resources. CONNECT’s materials are standards-based, strongly rooted in an evidence-based practice framework, and easily adaptable to the needs of multiple audiences and contexts. All are available at no cost.
R&R-DLL Model: Development & Pilot Study
Recognition and Response: A Response to Intervention (RTI) Model for Early Childhood
Recognition and Response: Addressing Early Learning Difficulties in Math Through an RTI Model for Pre-K