The Early Childhood Inclusion Professional Learning Program led by Chih-Ing Lim, PhD. at the Frank Porter Graham Child Development Institute, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and Elena Soukakou, PhD., is committed to support the Community Psychology Hub, Singapore in ensuring that the InSP program is implemented effectively to serve young children with disabilities. The timeframe of the project is between November 1, 2021 and December 31, 2023. The participants of the program will include the InSP implementation team and program teams (general education classroom teachers, program administrators, specialists).
The objectives of the proposed project are to:
- enhance participants’ knowledge of key components of high quality inclusive practice in early childhood education through virtual professional development;
- support the TA/implementation team in coaching early childhood program staff to implement high quality inclusive practices via virtual consultations;
- support the development of an inclusive culture across all pilot centers of the InSP Program program through virtual professional development and virtual consultations;
- conduct the Inclusive Classroom Profile reliability training in Singapore; and
- support the sustainability of the implementation of the InSP Program.