Dual Impact of COVID-19 and Systematic Racism and Inequity on Children's Developmental Trajectories in the Early Years
Join FPG's Frontier program and the Equity Research Action Coalition for a workshop, Dual Impact of COVID-19 and Systematic Racism and Inequity on Children's Developmental Trajectories in the Early Years: Interdisciplinary Conversations and Creation of a Research-Policy Agenda for Children in Child Welfare, Tribal Communities, and with Incarcerated Parents.
This event is designed to foster relationships between community stakeholders, practitioners, and scientists and act as a hub of knowledge for policymakers working on pressing issues in the context of COVID‐19 that impact all children, but particularly those who are economically and socially disadvantaged, largely due to systematic inequities, such as racism.
- James C. Caringi, University of Montana-Missoula
- Michael Lopez, NORC, University of Chicago
- Samantha Bosch, Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center
- Kim Pevia, Director, Lumbee Film Festival
- Melissa Radcliff, Our Children's Place of Coastal Horizons Center
- Sandra Barrueco, Catholic University
- Lorraine Taylor, North Carolina Central University Juvenile Justice Institute
- Sarah Pedonti, UNC-Chapel Hill
- Shanda Sumpter, NC Child