FirstSchool is a Pre-K through third grade approach to improving early elementary school experiences for African American, Latino, and low-income children and their families. We form close partnerships with educators at the state, district, and school level to:
- foster collaborative inquiry and a more effective use of data;
- develop curriculum that is aligned, balanced, integrated, relevant, and developmental;
- promote sound instructional practices within cultures of caring, competence, and excellence;
- strengthen two-way home-school partnerships that view families as important sources of knowledge about their children; and
- work across grade levels to create a more seamless PreK-3rd grade experience for children and families.