The NC Early Learning Network (NC-ELN) project is funded by the NC Department of Instruction (DPI) Office of Early Learning and joins them in their vision to collaborate, advocate, and support to provide an equitable and responsive system of support to ensure North Carolina's children and families are successful contributors in school and life. The NC-ELN Project supports the NC DPI Office of Early Learning to build and expand capacity to provide the needed infrastructure to successfully implement and scale-up statewide preschool initiatives by:
- providing technical assistance and training to help establish the systems and policies needed to adopt and sustain initiatives;
- managing the statewide system of professional development and providing training and implementation support for statewide initiatives;
- designing, developing, and providing training and ongoing technical assistance (TA)—such as consultation, coaching, and facilitating—to support the transfer of learning and implementation of evidence-based practices to fidelity;
- consulting with and providing targeted TA to build and expand capacity for providing high-quality inclusive settings and practices to improve the academic, social, emotional, and behavioral outcomes of young children with, and at risk for, developmental disabilities or delays;
- consulting with and providing individualized TA to early childhood leadership to build their capacity to understand, communicate, and use program data to inform planning, decision-making, and improvement;
- providing intensive support for the essential statewide implementation structures needed for successful statewide Preschool Pyramid Model implementation and scale-up; and
- managing a statewide Preschool Pyramid Model implementation and coaching data system.